For questions 1-10,
complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first
sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use
between two and five words, including the word given.
your answer in the
Your score will appear at the bottom of the page.
Use no contractions.
Use no capital letters, other than proper nouns or where punctuation demands.
Use the minimum possible amount of words, within the limits required.
The wrong answers will remain .
There is an example at the beginning.
0. I haven't seen you for years. (ages)
It's saw you.
Student: These exercises have to do with phrasal verbs. Some must be separated, some mustn't.
1. I said I would gather them at the train station. (up)
I told them that I the train station.
2. Could you buy some milk on your way home? (up)
Could for me?
3. The floor is too cold. Wear some shoes. (on)
You can catch a cold. your shoes.
4. Yesterday I strained my back when I lifted it. (up)
I hurt my back yesterday.
5. It's too late to get there on time. (it)
We won't early enough.
6. 'I'm afraid Mr Hong will not come to the office until 11:00'. (in)
'Mr Hong the office until 11:00'.
7. I can't believe it. You have disappointed me again. (down)
It is incredible that again.
8. It took doctors almost an hour to reanimate her. (back)
It took doctors almost .
9. Visiting Spain made me remember my childhood. (back)
Visiting Spain from my childhood.
10. 'Harry? Yes, to confirm that the meeting has been cancelled'. (off)
Harry was notified that the .