For questions 1-10,
complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first
sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use
between two and five words, including the word given.
your answer in the
Your score will appear at the bottom of the page.
Use no contractions.
Use no capital letters, other than proper nouns or where punctuation demands.
Use the minimum possible amount of words, within the limits required.
The wrong answers will remain .
There is an example at the beginning.
0. I haven't seen you for years. (ages)
It's saw you.
1. This is a
'no smoking' office.
didn't listen carefully to the news broadcast. (attention)
3. Sally decided not to do her homework and went to a nightclub. (instead)
4. I expect you
were completely exhausted by the end of the evening! (must)
5. "Is cleaning the room now really necessary?.
Lisa's grandfather is teaching her Chinese.
too cold for swimming today. (if)
8. If you're
not travelling more than 10 kilometres from the city centre, you can use
9. Did you mean to hit him or did it happen accidentally?
10. 'I'm sorry I forgot your birthday,' Harry told